Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Two Weeks Till Christmas!

It's two weeks till Christmas! YAY! I've been working hard to get ready for the Christmas Homeschool Holiday Fair at Springwell on Wade Hampton. It's this Tuesday, all day long! I've got a big selection of stocking stuffers: handmade pins, magnets, and ornaments, and soaps, and I will have peanut brittle and cake bites too. Probably some chocolate lollipops too if I get to them. It's going to be great!

Did you know that it takes three days to make a pin, magnet, or ornament? It's true! These one-of-a-kind items take three days. Here's how it happens:

Day 1: The paper is the most important part. Newspaper is too weak and gray for this craft. I use sturdy paper plates and sometimes typing paper. I make the paper pulp and then press it into molds. (I have lots!) Let dry. Usually takes 24 hours.

Day 2: Paint items. When dry, apply sealant.

Day 3: Glue pinbacks or magnets onto finished products. The ones that are ornaments get holes and hooks added.

The finished product is sturdy and will last many years as long as it is not run through a washing machine. LOL My mom has some pins she made in the 90s!

Here are some of my newest ones:






Pins can be worn on tops and sweaters, scarves, and hats. Pins them to their Christmas stockings! They are $3 each, or two for $5!

See ya Tuesday? I'll be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment